Where's the anguish?


David Wilkerson


Comments

  1. I love your new header!!

    I have painfully stirred emotions; anguish.

    Good clip, I love David Wilkerson. Thanks for sharing.

    Christians!! WAKE UP!!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Child of God. In the header, I liked how the item in the left could be a cross or it could be His sword.

    I wish more people agonized over the lost, over blasphemy, over sin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God speaks directly to me. He usually appears in dreams, but many times has come to me in a daytime vision. He tells me about the true end times. The last time God appeared to me was May 20, 2011. He then told me the rapture would NOT commence on May 21, 2011 as foretold by Harold Camping. God then clearly explained the rapture and/or end of the world would NOT happen on October 21, 2011. God has given me a rare and wonderful gift: the ability to see the true end times. More information will be posted on various blogs, so stay tuned. May God bless and keep you, in the name of his only son, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He gave us ALL a gift, Anonymous. It is the bible. No one person has different or more perfect revelation of His truths than any other Christian. If you think you do, you are likely a Gnostic.

    GotQuestions.org says, "Gnosticism was perhaps the most dangerous heresy that threatened the early church during the first three centuries" and it still threatens the church today. "Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plane of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God."

    The question is, "Does God still give revelation?" and John MacArthur answered tat in this essay, http://www.gty.org/Resources/Articles/A366_Does-God-Still-Give-Revelation?q=charismatic+revelation

    saying, "God told me . . . “ has become the anthem of the Charismatic Movement. Strange private prophecies are proclaimed by all kinds of people who evidently believe God speaks to them. ... Most Charismatics, at one time or another, feel that God speaks to them in some specific manner, either through an audible voice, an internal impression, a vision, or simply by using them as a vehicle to write a song, compose a poem, or utter a prophecy."

    "The orthodox teaching of Christianity has always affirmed that God’s special, saving revelation to mankind is restricted to the teachings of the Scriptures. . . .

    This is the issue. If the Bible is complete, then it represents a closed system of truth. If it entails a fixed and absolute standard of truth, then the teachings of Scripture may be ascertained and dogmatically asserted. ...[not personally revealed]. Scripture *is* a closed system of truth, complete, sufficient, and not to be added to (Rev 22:18–19). It contains all the spiritual truth God intended to reveal."

    You are not hearing from God, Anonymous. Look deeply into this issue, your very soul may depend on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This video stirred me something fierce. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, my sister in Christ:

    I agree with what you said in response to Anonymous' day time visions. But I have to also say that it is dangerous for us as Christians to be so bold as to insinuate that we have complete knowledge of the Bible. *I'm not even going so far as to call you out in this*. But I think it is a grave danger for us to admonish with our so called knowledge against the knowledge of someone else.

    I think John MacArthur walks a very fine line in his approach to teaching the Scriptures. I believe he is a sound teacher, but he limits the limitless God. I listen to John MacArthur and he is certainly a brother in the Lord! But in my humble opinion, I don't appreciate how he talks with such swagger of his knowledge of the Word. It is a complete turn off to me, because I don't think anyone can have complete knowledge of God's word in a single lifetime. And I think God intended it that way for a reason. I believe in His power. And I don't want to ever put limits on God. For someone like John MacArthur, it is important to have humility. I do not see a genuine humility from his teachings. All I see is his pride. And I realize that even saying that is harsh, but we all sin and fall short of God's glory- all the time! I am included in this pride myself!

    I believe God has given us the Bible in order to know Him, but the Orthodox understanding of the Bible is drastically different from Charismatic understanding of the Bible. Why? Because humans are fallible. Humans misrepresent and misinterpret the Bible and we ALL do this. We all fall under the umbrella of taking Scripture out of context to appease our own opinion or understanding of what we have been taught by other fallible humans. We all fail in this. And quite honestly, while I have sought the Lord with urgency and passion to desire knowledge of the apocalyptic Scriptures, He has not opened my eyes to know them fully. What I do know and what I hold onto is my date of conversion, my love for God's word that has been given to my by Him, and my understanding that Jesus will return for His sheep! When I try to "figure out" everything else, I make it an idol and instead am absorbed in what I must know instead of being absorbed by Christ. Our world has done nothing but spiral out of control since its beginning. I praise God for Jesus Christ who is our only hope. And I praise Him for His return. Oh what need we have of Him to return and make things right in this world.

    Please don't take this as a correction. The Bible is our lifeline! It is our road map along that narrow road. But we will never fully figure out all of how He has revealed Himself to us in the Scriptures. I am on board with you, dear sister. Please know that! I feel like this is not the place to even have a good, fruitful discussion because non verbal communication can really cause division. But know again that I am on board with you and I desire to see the Bible handled with utmost respect for it's sacredness. It is indeed a gift of God to handle His Word wisely and be a good steward. That is something that we don't see very much these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Thanks for posting this video of David Wilkerson's message. I have listened to this twice and each time am stirred fiercely, just like Emily posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will never know the depths of the Word because He is infinite. Thank you for you thoughts, I agree, even in eternity, we will never plumb the depths of all that He is. He is infinite.

    But the truth is knowable, the Spirit gives wisdom and understanding to those who seek it. That learning is progressive as we grow. But the scriptures are absolute and we CAN know certain points irrefutably when it comes time for the Spirit to determine that it's time for us to nail a particular doctrine down to absolute truth.

    Your statement, "When I try to "figure out" everything else, I make it an idol and instead am absorbed in what I must know instead of being absorbed by Christ" makes no sense, I am sorry to say. We get absorbed in Christ through His word. We are supposed to learn the word. The spirit is there to teach us. I try to "figure out" His word every day. It is how we grow- and again, the Spirit teaches us. Leaving the word at milk is not enough for me, I am sorry that it is enough for you.

    I trust Him when He says "And now, little children abide in Him so that when He appears we may have confidence..." "By this love is perfected in us that we may have confidence." "And this is the confidence which we have before Him." I AM confident of His word and confident that continually seeking after it is proper and expected.

    Paul preached authoritatively and he was one who knew almost more than any other man on earth that he will never know *all* the Word, but what the Spirit did share, he preached boldly confidently and with certainty.

    Absolute truth is authoritative. MacArthur preaches it authoritatively. Not swagger, rather, with certainty in its truths and that certainty that the Spirit gives wisdom to all who seek it, without reproach. That's why I like him. He doesn't sway, he doesn't vary. He preaches the truth with certainty. It is rare these days.

    I like MacArthur also because he does NOT put limits on God, but opens the scripture to all listeners to His unlimitless grace, mercy, justice, creativity, etc. At least, that is my response to his preaching. If you feel he puts limits on God then I'll certainly look at an example you can share with me.

    There are several attacks on the Word these days. Attacks on the Bible abound. Two popular attacks these days are the Charismatics, who disagree that the canon is closed and accept new revelations from people who say "God told me." That is wrong. Period. If you do not believe the bible is closed, then it is open to anything or everything and has no basis for foundation against whether something can be determined to be a truth or a lie. I refute utterly the "God told me" crowd, all their statements, and their 'word of knowledge' if what the person says cannot be confirmed in scripture. Period.

    The other attack on absolute truth is the "Humility of Hermeneutics" attack. These people say "I'm too humble to think that I could ever know what the Bible really means and so I can only offer my opinion and I certainly can't say that this is in fact the truth."

    Hogwash. Yes we're fallible. God knows this. He gave us the bible even though he knew we'd screw it up. That doesn't mean we don't try to figure it out. We cannot ever know the bible on our own strength because of that fallibility. But the Spirit is not fallible! Trust Him to teach you the word and you will not fail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your response!! I will take your words to heart and ask for the Lord to teach me through them. Like I said in my closing paragraph, it is hard to use nonverbal communication for fruitful conversation. I believe if we could sit down face to face and talk, we would have a wonderfully fruitful conversation! I greatly regret even posting what I said at all. I never once said or implied that I was satisfied to be fed on the milk of the Word. If you knew me, you would know that I live to seek God and know Him through His Word. I'm sorry that you perceived me to be lukewarm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, likely face to face is better. Shall we continue talking about the wonders of the infinite Word, up there? See you soon, I suspect. Until then, peace be with us both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment