Lord, I've never been this homesick before

The LORD is obviously preparing the world for His Son's return. Though this preparation has been ongoing since the Fall, since before the foundation of the world even, it seems to me to be accelerating of late.

I love bluegrass Gospel music. Posted below is the Paul Williams Trio with their song Lord I've Never Been This Homesick Before. Remember, we have a job to do on earth, but it is not our home and it is not our final job. We are aliens and strangers here.

The lyrics:

First Verse
There's a light in the window
And the table's set in splendor
Someone's standing by the open door
I can see a crystal river
Oh I must be near forever
And I've never been this homesick before

Chorus
See the bright light shine
It's just about home time
I can see my Father standing at the door
This world has been a wilderness
I'm ready for deliverance
Lord, I've never been this homesick before
Second Verse

I can see the family gather
Sweet faces, there all familiar
But no one's old or feeble anymore
Oh this lonesome heart is cryin'
Think I'll spread my wings for flyin'
Lord, I've never been this homesick before






Comments

  1. Really like this song! I know my mother-in-law (who is with Jesus now) would've enjoyed this music also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! I am glad I found the Paul Williams Trio and this song. I am going to look for other stuff from the trio. Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. I am very familiar with this song from my younger years decades ago. It was sung by my favorite gospel group at the time called The Singing Rambos, a family trio. The song was written by Dottie Rambo, as she wrote all the songs they sang. Extremely talented lady, writing songs, playing guitar and singing. She also wrote the wonderful song called We Shall Behold Him. If you've never heard her sing it herself, take a listen on youtube. I think you'll be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world has come to a point where it is obvious nothing and no one, definitely not the antichrist, can solve its problems. The world thinks it can, and that utopia is within reach, but it is all a delusion. Only Jesus can make things right once again. Depraved cannot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment