Prata's Potpourri: Master's Seminary church finder, why so many bad Christian books? Mocking Christianity, Housewife theologian, etc.

On Sunday my interim church (First Baptist Watkinsville) began a 40-day journey through the devotional book The Blessing Life. Look what our devotional has for us on this Tuesday morning,

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalm 16:11).

It occurred to me- And WHO is at God's right hand? Jesus. Acts 7:55, Romans 8:34, Ephesians 1:20, Hebrews 1:3...and so on.

At God's right hand is Jesus who IS our pleasure forevermore. There are no pleasures which do not stem from Him. Jesus IS the pleasure. We are blessed to experience Him forevermore.

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

Source: Westminster Shorter Catechism

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, here are some links to articles you might enjoy.

Ken Ham has some thoughts about a new CBS television show that mocks Christianity


Bud Ahlheim offers some advice on the problem of so many bad "Christian" books:



If you liked my recent post regarding music as music and nor worship, you'll like this post about a wonderful hymn-
I Woke, The Dungeon Flamed With Light


Joel C. Rosenberg explains The Caliphate vs. The Kingdom. What is “the gospel of the kingdom” of Christ and why is it our hope in such dark times?


Aimee Byrd the Housewife Theologian has some good thoughts on the new fad of art journaling in your Bible. She says much the same thing I did a while back, but in shorter form, lol. I've got to work on that...


The Master's Seminary Church Finder

I receive emails or Facebook messages from people who are thirsty for a good church and ask me to either advise or help them find one. A resource I always turn to is the master's Seminary Church Finder resource. You plug in your location and it finds churches either planted by or led by TMS graduates. We all know that any graduate who has gone through TMS will emerge with a solid grounding, a love for expository preaching, and right doctrines.

Here is an article with a 2minute:45second interview from TMS Alumni Relations Director explaining the origin and use of the Church Finder page. He said in the interview that it is the number one used page on The Master's Seminary website. The Church Finder receives 5000-7000 hits per month. I know at least 4 of them were mine.

And here is the Church Finder page.


Erin has some thoughts on self-promotion and selfie-righteousness in general on Social Media. Good words. I enjoy social media for the purpose of making Jesus known. However since I'm a sinner who love my own flesh, I have to constantly monitor my own Facebook Wall to ensure I'm not "using" Jesus as a way to display my own righteousness. That would be ridiculous of course, because I have no righteousness. It's all from Jesus. Good advice from Erin.

Selfie Righteousness




Comments

  1. I used the master's seminary graduate finder awhile back, and we visited the church a few times. There were many good things there, but one disappointing red flag, considering the sr pastor was a tms grad, the women's ministry uses beth moore studies. :(

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sadly it's not as solid as it used to be. I've had concerns with the churches these men end up and and even wrote to TMS but never heard back. Some of the churches are Acts 29 or New Calvinist types. =(

      Delete

Post a Comment