Thursday, June 1, 2017

My Great War Cry Against Sin

We read one of many verses about the importance of slaying the sin that still dwells within us.

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. (1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV).

See also also Colossians 3:5.

To that end, I strive to slay the sin in me. I pray constantly to the Lord for the Spirit's help in sinning less against Jesus today than I did yesterday.

Sometimes, when I feel strong (boastful?) I think my war cry against sin looks and sounds like this:




But I am such a puny human! Most days I am sure that my ferocious war cry really just looks and sounds like this:



Praise the Lord for His strength, His constant love, and His faithfulness in keeping us in His hand!


1 comment:

Thirty Days of Jesus: Day 20, Jesus as the Teacher

How can we know God unless He reveals Himself to us? The creation confirms His existence, but what does the creature know of His attribu...